The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 250 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Prairie Co-operative Limited invites applications for the position of Controller.
Prairie Co-operative Limited operates 12 locations in the communities of Melville (3), Lemberg, Fort Qu’Appelle (2), Lipton, Cupar, Strasbourg, Ituna, and Kelliher (2) with over 10,000 members and retail sales in excess of 85.5 million. We are a leader in providing goods and service to our members.
Reporting to the General Manager, the individual will oversee all financial and accounting operations and support key business, general, and administrative functions for Prairie Co-op. The individual will work closely with all levels of management and team to ensure financial matters are properly executed.
Prepare and review all financial and business reporting. This includes volume and sales reports. Competition analysis, cost analysis, as well as various other reporting as required.
• Work with General Manager and Leadership Team to develop budgets and business plans and forecasts
• Oversee all financial processes to ensure that they are carried out effectively and efficiently
• Oversee the tracking/review and calculations of all inventory
• Prepare and analyze project feasibilities and costing models
• Analyze all operations to ensure the co-operative is achieving its financial goals
• Oversees asset protection policies and IT
• Responsible for the management of the co-operatives equity policy and maintaining the co-operatives insurance program
• Contribute to the team in living the corporate values of excellence, integrity and progressive.
We are seeking an individual who will be a strong leader in working with the leadership team as well as having the ability to work independently. Time and project management skills are important to this position, along with the ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures. The individual will have a combinations of business management or business administration experience with a CPA, CA or CPA, CMA designation.
Please Apply Onlineor submit a detailed résumé in confidence on or before May 19, 2017 to: